|Title:||Part Time Coordinator of Community Service - DDA - Denton|
The Part Time Coordinator of Community Services (CCS) ensures quality delivery of services and coordinates services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The CCS performs job duties in line with Optimal Health Care Inc Case Management program and DDA's mission, vision, and philosophy. The CCS reports to the Coordination Supervisor.
REGULAR WORK SCHEDULE
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and On-call Rotations, or as directed by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in the Human Services field and one (1) years of experience in;
- Coordinating services for people in Medicaid and/or waiver programs
- Coordinating services for people with intellectual disabilities/developmental disabilities (ID/DD)
- Social Service intake and referral services
- Human Services Field
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in:
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Crisis management
- Community resources including generic, local, state, and federal programs and resources
- Determining the most integrated setting appropriate to meet the person's needs
- Coordinating and facilitating planning meetings
- Assisting people in gaining access to services and supports
- Coordinating services
- In regulations governing services for people with developmental disabilities; and
- Monitoring the provision of services to people.
- Availability days, nights, and weekends, as needed
- Not been determined to be:
- Simultaneously employed by another DHMH licensed agency
- On the Medicaid exclusion list
- Convicted of a crime of violence in violation of Criminal Law Article 14-101, annotated code of MD
- In violation of Health-General Article 7-1102 annotated code of MD
- A person with a criminal history which would indicate behavior potentially harmful to people receiving services documented either through a criminal history records check or a criminal background check.
- The CCS must have on record all required employment documents. Additionally he/she must have all other documents listed below.
- Valid Drivers license and automobile insurance.
- CPR card.
- First Aid Card
- Health clearance/Physical within 12 months.
- Criminal background clearance.
- Reliable transportation.
- I-9 Documentation.
- Social Security card.
- W-4 Federal Income Tax Forms.
- State Tax Forms.
- TB or Chest X-Ray within 12 months.
- Hepatitis B series/declination.
- At least three (3) letters of reference (must be in good standing).
- Ability to make personal contact with the individuals served, the family/guardian, and with other agency representative in the home, program, workplace, and other community or social environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to provide required reports/statistical data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to execute the Coordinator of Community Services duties and represent OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE Inc., in an efficient, cooperative and ethical manner.
- Possession of good written and oral communication skills.
Coordinate services for eligible individuals as outlined in Coordinator of Community Services COMAR, the DDA Scope of Service and in the OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE Inc. Plan of Service.
Conduct referral and intake processes as outlined when assigned.
Develop and implement individual person-centered plans through comprehensive assessments with the individual, family, other agencies involved, schools, program staff and/or evaluation professionals.
Participate in the development and execution of Individual Waiting list Service, Transition Service, Current Request Services, plans as an active member of the interdisciplinary team.
Intervene when services are needed in times of crisis and/or outside regular work schedule.
Serve as an advocate for each individual's well-being, human and legal rights, and in the individual's best interest at all times.
Execute procedures as outlined in the OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE Inc. Policy and Procedure Manual,
Participate in regularly scheduled meetings and trainings as required for execution of job duties and as requested by the DDA, and OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE Inc.
Perform additional resource coordination duties as assigned by the OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE Inc. administrative staff and the DDA, such as resource allocation for the resource library.